Starts at Home – Train a Child in the Way to Go
Mission and Roots
Starts at Home seeks to elevate the community’s awareness of positive parenting.
Starts at Home seeks to encourage fathers to love their wives and together raise their children in a manner that builds stronger families and communities.
Starts at Home seeks to encourage parents, whether married, single, or custodial, in early childhood development education of children.
Statement and Purpose
We believe when we encourage, love and discipline children, they will follow;
We believe positive parenting starts early in life by teaching children age appropriate concepts before the age of seven.
We come not to judge but to encourage and share with parents and children.
We believe a parent’s love is the greatest gift to children.
We seek to build more dual parenting household.
We seek to have fathers share more of a parenting role in the household.
We walk in Faith.
Ten Basic Principals
1. Faith in God is the foundation of the home.
2. The home is led with loving parents sacrificing for their spouses and children.
3. Love is patient, kind, not envy, not boast, not proud, not rude, not self-seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrong doing, forgives, not delight in evil, rejoices with the truth, always protects, trusts, hopes, preserves. Love never fails.
4. Children are taught basic attitudes and skill before the age of seven including: Love, discipline, sharing, listening, honesty, memory, curiosity, sex, no to drugs, chores, safety, internet safety, reading, math, science, music, ecology, skills, language, and manners.
5. Encouragement is needed to motivate and foster a child’s growth. Our words and actions will build or destroy a child’s future. Every child is different and has a special talent that needs nurturing.
6. Being too lenient is harmful and may produce spoiled children with super controlling egos, anarchism, and harmful pride.
7. When we love the children they will obey and follow. We want to prevent a child from feeling rejected.
8. Parenting is the giving of your quality time and not just financial resources to your children.
9. Encourage children to cook, eat healthy, and take care of their bodies.
10. Teaching age appropriate materials is wise.
1. We are encouraging and a good example to our children.
2. We don’t give up and can make it through the tough times.
3. Promote a parenting revival for the future benefit of our community.
1. Come to parents for advice and to share their questions, concerns, and problems.
2. Follow and listen to trusted and loving parents.
3. Leave the home as contributing members in the community.
4. Independent and have successful family our their own.
5. Are respectful of their parents and grandparents.
This Vision and Mission statement was established on October 24, 2009.