We encourage and assist teaching parents with children under seven years of age. You’ve heard it said “it starts at home”; we believe that parents whether married, single, or custodial, can teach children and protect them against the temptations they will face in the world, including sexual permissiveness, illegal drugs, internet safety, selfish pride, materialism, and more. Parents are taught how to teach life skills like reading, math, memory, budgeting, etc.
We have a lot of work when it comes to loving the children and encouraging parents. There’s a lot of rejected children out there.. Charles Manson is an example; they grow up and eventually release their ugly anger. In Hawaii, between 1960 and 2007, violent crimes increased more that 2,000%. The poverty of no love and rejection leads to many forms of mental illness. We would be honored to have you be part of It Starts at Home, call us at www.startsathome.org, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision Statement – A Parenting Revival
Starting at Home seeks to elevate the community’s awareness and need for positive parenting.
Starting at Home seeks to encourage men to love their wives and together raise their children in a manner that builds stronger families and communities.
Starting at Home seeks to encourage and teach parents, whether married, single, or custodial, in parenting of children.
Mission Statement and Purpose
We believe when we encourage, love and discipline children, they will follow;
We believe positive parenting starts early in life by teaching children age appropriate concepts before the age of seven.
We come not to judge but to encourage and share with parents and children.
We believe a parent’s love is the greatest gift to the children.
We seek to build more dual parenting household.
We seek to have fathers share more of a parenting role in the household.
We walk in Faith.
Ten Basic Principals
1. Faith in God is the foundation of the home.
2. The home is led with loving parents sacrificing for their spouses and children.
3. Love is patient, kind, not envy, not boast, not proud, not rude, not self-seeking, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrong doing, forgives, not delight in evil, rejoices with the truth, always protects, trusts, hopes, preserves. Love never fails.
4. Children are taught basic attitudes and skill before the age of seven including: Love, discipline, sharing, listening, honesty, memory, curiosity, sex, no to drugs, chores, safety, reading, math, science, ecology, and manners.
5. Encouragement is needed to motivate and foster a child’s growth. Our words and actions will build or destroy a child’s future. Every child is different and has a special talent that needs nurturing.
6. Being too lenient is harmful and may produce spoiled children with super controlling egos, anarchism, and harmful pride.
7. When we love the children they will obey and follow. We want to prevent a child from feeling rejected.
8. Parenting is the giving of your quality time and not just financial resources to your children.
9. Encourage children to eat healthy and take care of their bodies.
10. Teaching age appropriate materials is wise.
Thank you for helping train a child in the way to go. We look forward to working with you to encourage parents, love, and empower children.
Aloha and God bless you and your family,
Carl and Amy Okuyama